Jani-King Rescues NFL Stadium When the Metrodome in Minneapolis succumbed to the forces of Mother Nature, the NFL was left with a dilemma, where do they stage the matchup between the Minnesota Vikings and the New York Giants?
When the Metrodome in Minneapolis succumbed to the forces of Mother Nature, the NFL was left with a dilemma, where do they stage the matchup between the Minnesota Vikings and the New York Giants? Most people don’t realize there was a second dilemma that came with that decision; this became clear once the NFL decided their solution was to hold the game at Ford Field in Detroit just 24 hours after the Detroit Lions finished up their own home game. Now came the interesting part. Always diligent and up for the task, Jani-King janitorial services sprung into action and called all hands on deck to turn around the clean up process in only a few hours. Jani-King has handled many tough projects and are proud to label themselves the best janitorial services company around. This challenge was not overcome easily, some of the impressive achievements include:
- The clean up began immediately following the Lions game and lasted until approximately 4am
- It required nearly double the normal 130 people it typically takes for a standard clean up
- The Ford Field stadium crew even borrowed a long time and well respected Jani-King employee to assist with the paint changeover on the field
- With both games so close to each other, there was nearly a non-stop trash removal convoy for almost 48 hours
- The weather conditions also dramatically affected the cleaning crew making this clean up particularly challenging
When all was said and done, the Jani-King cleaning crew pulled off a nearly superhuman feat and delivered a standard of game day conditions to be proud of. Nothing less would be expected and Jani-King delivered, welcoming Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants fans to Ford Field as only the best commercial cleaning franchise could.