Office Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Good office cleaning can boost productivity and keep workers in the office more often. The best option for the cleanest office is to hire a professional cleaning service to thoroughly clean. Having a professional office cleaning service come every day is optimal, but if they come on a weekly basis, here are a few tips to help keep the office clean until their next visit.
- Computers and electronics are a magnet for dirt, bacteria, and germs, because office workers spend a majority of their time using them. The dust is fairly easy to clean with a duster or a compressed air canister, but to really give keyboards an optimal clean, use cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol in between the keys. And be sure to clean the underside of the keyboard as well.
- Computer screens are the ultimate dust magnets. Use a microfiber cloth and screen cleaning spray to avoid causing any harm to the screen.
- To get a pristine clean, disinfect the work surface area with rubbing alcohol and microfiber cloths. This includes the phone, printer, computer tower, fax machines, and anything else that is frequently touched.
- Provide a small stash of cleaning supplies at each desk for workers to use before the dirt and grime starts to build up.
- Take everything off of desks and shelves and wipe them down thoroughly.
Following these simple steps once a week will help keep the office clean until it’s time for the professional cleaning service to come in.