JANI-KING JOINS ICONIC MOTORSPORTS BRANDS STP
The STP® Gas Booster 500 Will Run On Sunday April 7, 2013
Jani-King was part of a historic announcement during Speed Week at Daytona National Speedway today and will be on the hood of the No. 43 Ford for a commemorative race in April. Joining STP and Richard Petty Motorsports, Jani-King was announced as the co-primary sponsor of the iconic No. 43 car that will be driven by Aric Almirola at Martinsville Speedway on Sunday, April 7.
Petty and STP have the longest sponsor relationship in NASCAR’s history. The paint scheme for Jani-King’s co-primary race at Martinsville will be commemorative of the first time STP® was on Petty’s car at Riverside in 1972. This was the first and only time Petty drove the all-blue STP car.
“This was an outstanding opportunity for Jani-King to receive publicity during the biggest week in NASCAR and also during the race at Martinsville in April,” said Mike Biggs, Executive Director of Sports Partnerships and Business Development. “Richard Petty Motorsports and STP are first class organizations and we are proud to team up with them to sponsor the No. 43 Jani-King STP Ford.”
“It is hard to believe my relationship with STP® started more than 40 years ago, and here we are announcing yet another chapter in the brand’s history with me, Richard Petty Motorsports and NASCAR,” said Richard Petty. “During my time with STP® I’ve watched the brand became a fan favorite and this sponsorship is yet another example of their commitment. I can’t wait to see the ’72 Riverside STP car paint scheme back on the track.”
Richard Petty and the No. 43 STP® machine have a storied history at Martinsville:
- Petty has the most wins with a total of 15
- Petty has the most grandfather clocks, awarded to the winner, with a total of 12
- Petty has an amazing 67 starts, the most of any driver
- Petty has the most top-10 and top-five finishes
- In 1960, Petty won the spring race at the age of 20, becoming the youngest winner
- The last “ride” by Petty came on the side door of the famous No. 43 STP® car with John Andretti driving him to Victory Lane in April of 1999; this was also the last time the No. 43 STP machine won there
Article News Source: