Clients look for integrity in all aspects of their banking institution. After all, whether it is a bank or credit union, local or national, that bank is trusted with its client’s financial future— their new house or car, retirement savings, vacation stash, and even children’s college fund. It is vital that the banking institution live up to all of its clients’ expectations, and there’s no better place to start than with that institution’s appearance.
Investing in a clean, well-kept physical work space begins to build that client’s trust with the bank the moment he or she walks in. In fact, research shows that people make their first impressions of places or people in less than a minute upon reaching them. You can improve the first and lasting impressions your bank makes on everyone who comes through your doors by ensuring that your cleaning service diligently freshens up each of the following high-traffic areas of your facility:
- Offices—Many of clients’ largest and most important monetary decisions occur in a bank’s individual offices. A meticulous cleaning service should attend daily to desk areas, chairs, the floor and trash can to keep the room professional and inviting.
- Teller Stations—Clients come in contact with teller stations more than any other areas within a bank. These spaces should be sanitized (for both teller and client), free of debris and very neat, continuously reaffirming the reliability of your banking institution.
- Break Room—Though clients may never see this space, an untidy break room can send vicious scents wafting throughout your building and lead to edgy and unfriendly staff.
- Waiting Area—The waiting area is generally the first space that clients experience upon entering your bank, and therefore is extremely influential in forming new clients’ impressions of the business. Everything from flooring to seating to service areas and decorative items should receive the benefits of a thorough cleaning daily.
- Restrooms—Maintaining clean sink and toilet areas, keeping toilet paper, paper towels and soap well stocked and providing a clean floor show that your bank is not only dedicated to clients’ financial needs, but also their health and comfort.