‘TIS THE SEASON FOR CLEAN STORES
It’s beginning to look like the holidays and that means busy months for retail stores. With more businesses open and ready to cater to a higher volume of customers, first impressions are more important than ever. When customers are welcomed into a clean, organized environment, they are more likely to stay and shop which leads to increased sales and repeat visits. Customers enjoy shopping in environments that are less cluttered and more comfortable, without the hassle of browsing through messy displays or stepping through piles of returned items. To ensure each customer has a pleasant shopping experience, take these few steps in creating a place they’ll love to visit and never want to leave:
- No manager or business owner can keep an entire store clean without help. Rely on employees to wipe down surfaces, take out the trash and tidy up areas before a Jani-King cleaning crew arrives.
- Create a system for returns so they don’t pile up at the register.
- Let doors and windows shine. Displays and entrances are the first things customers see when visiting a store. Use sprays and sponges to scrub out every smudge or mark.
- Take out the trash in common areas and at cash registers. Ask employees to remove trash and replace liners to eliminate the chance of odors or overflowing baskets.
- Mop floors in common areas to remove debris and clean restrooms with proper equipment.
- Call your local Jani-King and schedule services for when you’re understaffed, incredibly busy, or need a thorough cleaning once business doors close.